This England single issue - Spring 2022
Inside this issue
- Eleanor Doughty walks us through the dramatic history of Deene Park and the Brudenell family who have made their home there since 1514.
- Katherine Sorrell visits Gainsborough Fine Weavers & Dye House, one of Britain’s last remaining traditional silk weaving houses.
- Brian Viner tells an uplifting tale of harnessing the power of modern technology to save his local pub.
- Andrew Liddle visits Cheshire based poster artist Stephen Millership in his studio and discovers his quest to capture England’s glory.
- Gillian Thornton is exploring Newmarket, the much-loved home of English horse racing.
- Jon Jayes remembers the iconic three-wheeled minicars made by Bond in the 1950s and ’60s.
- Amanda Hodges visits Kent’s breath-taking Sissinghurst Castle Garden, which thrives in spring.
- Simone Stanbrook-Byrne is at the highest working church in England: the gorgeous St Michael de Rupe chapel in Dartmoor.
- Rabologist Anthony Moss shares a lifelong passion for collecting, history and his love of his country.