Evergreen single issue - Spring 2022
Inside this issue
- Standing up for Justice: Mark Hornsey tells the fascinating tale of the longest running strike in British history, by pupils of the Burston and Shimpling Council School.
- Hit Parade: Following the release of their first new album in 40 years, Colin Johnson reflects on ABBA’s fabulous career.
- Where the Apple Dropped: Susie Kearley visits Isaac Newton’s childhood home and sees the spot where the famous apple fell.
- On the Air: In this its 80th year, Derek Lamb celebrates the much-loved Desert Island Discs, reflecting on the programme’s evolution through the years.
- Weaving History: Simon Whaley discovers the amazing story of Fishguard’s very own historic Bayeux tapestry.
- Ford’s Royal Visit: Christopher Moor remembers HM Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip’s day visit to Ford New Zealand’s factory in 1954.
- A Message from the Past: Roy Hampson celebrates the lost art of advertising sign-writers, whose faded works can still be spotted across the country today.