This England Magazine Subscription
Try your first issue for only £2.75 when you subscribe to This England*
Critics have called This England “as refreshing as a cup of tea” and “Britain's loveliest magazine since 1968”.
Adored by locals as well as expats, This England is the perfect quarterly magazine for anyone that loves this green and pleasant land and is unashamedly proud to be English. It features articles about English history and lore and celebrates some of England’s greatest achievements, innovations, and enterprises from the 20th century!
Commemorate your love of England and the English way of life with a magazine subscription to This England. Subscribe online today and receive substantial savings on the shop price.
Receive your FREE This England calendar when you pay by Direct Debit or buy a two or three-year pre-paid subscription
In Our Autumn Issue:
- Esther Chilton explores Gainsborough Old Hall, one of England’s best-preserved medieval manor houses nestled in the Lincolnshire suburbs.
- Brian Viner remembers “growing room” and other highs and lows of his schooldays.
- Katherine Sorrell visits the Victorian tile-makers at Shropshire’s Craven Dunnill Jackfield, who have made tiles for the Botanic Gardens at Kew, the food halls in Harrods and the London Underground.
- 90 years on from the first performance at Cornwall’s famous Minack Theatre carved into the cliffs, Margaret Brecknell looks back on its history and the extraordinary woman who created it.
- Lin Bensley reflects on his grandfather’s time on the Western Front during World War I and the amazing art he created.
- Andrew Liddle speaks exclusively to England’s Knight of the theatre Alan Ayckbourn about his career and his latest work.
- Margaret Brecknell celebrates the father of the package holiday and recognises how he changed our leisure forever.
- Jeannine Williamson chats to Kristina Boulden about her role in keeping an age-old family farm alive and how they are adapting.
- Acquaint yourself with chief political commentator at Times Radio and author of Women in the War, Lucy Fisher.
Your subscription will start 3-6 weeks from first payment (UK delivery).
Terms and Conditions*: DIRECT DEBIT: *First quarter £2.75 then £5 per quarter thereafter, offer available for delivery within the UK by Direct Debit only. Overseas Direct Debit rate first quarter £3.75 then £7 thereafter. Available for UK Bank Accounts only. Available for new subscribers only. PREPAY: rates available by cheque and credit card. One year discounted pre-paid rate £19.80 UK or £28.80 Overseas, saving 10%. Overseas prices in other currencies are available on application, please dial +44 1382 575052. Please allow up to 28-days for delivery from receipt of payment.
Offer ends 31st December 2022
Number of issues per year - 4